The air filter could be compared to the vehicle’s lungs. It is designed to eliminate the dust contained in the ambient air taken in by the engine. Depending on their capacity, engines at full power can take in between 200 and 500m³ of air per hour. This air contains a varying amount of impurities depending on the environment, the weather conditions, the road surface, etc. If this dust is not filtered, it could cause premature wear of the engine.
Sogefi filters ensure the high level of performance required by increasing efficiency needs of modern engines.
Sogefi recommends replacement of the air filter at least once per year, preferably at the same time as the oil filter, because regular replacement of the air filter ensures: maintenance of vehicle performance and fuel economy, plus optimum engine output and a better protected and less polluting engine (and consequently a lower level of exhaust emissions to comply with anti-pollution regulations).
The Sogefi comprehensive range of quality air filters covers nearly all the vehicles on the road today and tomorrow, and it’s available in the aftermarket with the well know brand FRAM®.
Recently Sogefi has released the Engine Air filters for:
- CHRYSLER Renegade (1.4 MultiAir, 1.6 E-torQ, 1.6 Multijet II, 2.0 Multijet II) and FIAT 500X offered with the code FRAM® CA12066
- BMW (F20/F21), (F22/F23), (F30/F31/F35/F80), (F34), (F32/F33/F36), (F20), (F21), Coupe, SERIE 1, SERIE 2, SERIE 3, SERIE 4, offered with the code FRAM® CA12142
- VOLVO S90, V90, XC90 II, available with the brand code FRAM® CA12077,
- LAND ROVER DISCOVERY IV / V, RANGE ROVER III / IV / SPORT, offered with the code FRAM® CA12062,
- VOLVO V40 II, available with the reference FRAM® CA12096,
- CITROEN C1 and PEUGEOT 108, available in the code FRAM® CA12033,
- MERCEDES BENZ AMG SLC, CLASSE C, CLASSE CLS, CLASSE E, CLASSE GL, CLASSE M, CLASSE S - SL – SLC; available with the code FRAM® CA11861,
- HONDA CIVIC offered with the code FRAM® CA11693.
For a correct replacement procedure, we suggest checking the fitting instruction manual which is downloadable from the web site: www.fram-europe.com.